The New Britain Tri-municipal Republican Club is proud to offer two (2) $1,000 scholarships to deserving Chalfont Borough, New Britain Borough, and New Britain Township graduating seniors each year. This year we are honored to award one scholarship from the Douglas Hunt family, in memory of Douglas L Hunt to a student who has served and volunteered in our community as he did. Douglas was a community leader, volunteer coach and his service in the military led him to opportunities where he served on many committees to help both young and old. These are a local $1,000 scholarship to benefit seniors in this area. The scholarships will be awarded based upon both academic success and community involvement.
- The applicant shall have a permanent residence within the boundaries of Chalfont Borough, New Britain Borough, and New Britain Township, Bucks County, Pennsylvania.
- The applicant shall submit their transcript and their EFC score, if they have completed the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid)
- The applicant must be able to demonstrate community and/or civic service. This would include any community, school, religious or civic groups where the student volunteered his or her time and efforts. The signatures of adult supervisor(s) are required.
- The applicant must be nominated in writing by someone other than a family member. This could be a teacher, a supervisor, a counselor, a neighbor, an active member of the community, or a member of the student’s place of worship.
- The applicant shall write an essay of approximately 200 words demonstrating why he or she is a worthy candidate for this scholarship. Please share the school that you plan to attend and your education and career goals.
- The applicant may be asked to appear before a selection committee for an interview.
- Applications must be received by the NBTRC Scholarship Committee no later than April 10. Applications may be submitted by mail or email. All attachments with required signatures mustbe included with his or her application.
Download our scholarship application here
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us.